All products sold on www.comellacollects.com are eligible for returns within 30 days of purchase date. New and Unused products can be returned for Refund or Credit, under the guidelines and exclusions below.
Some products, as indicated in the product description, will be assessed a 20% restocking fee.
Returned merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original packaging, complete with all parts, accessories, and materials.
Except for incorrectly shipped items, the customer is responsible for and must pay shipping charges for original and return shipments. When applicable, the customer is responsible for all brokerage fees, duties, and taxes associated with the service and shipment of the product.
Comella's Collectibles is not responsible for damage or theft occurring once the package has been delivered.
The Request must be started less than 30 days from the shipping date. Please refer to details of returns processes below.
1. Requests started more than 30 days from the shipping date.
2. Open and/or Used Items (such as the following):
A. Mounted engines and accessories
B. Vehicles where engines or accessories have been added
C. Engines which fuel has been run through
D. Kits in which cutting or pushing out the balsa sheets has occurred
E. Kits with a broken factory or retail protective seal on the packaging
F. Products that have been assembled, have parts missing or been operated, used, or had a battery attached
G. Any type of open, charged, and/or used battery including but not limited to LiPo, Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH), Nickel-Cadmium (NiCd), other Nickel-based batteries, and/or Alkaline-based batteries
3. Flammable or combustible materials or products (the following items are excluded from return regardless of whether the item is open or unopened)
A. For unopened Lithium-Ion / Polymer (LiPo) batteries and other Lithium-based batteries, see our Battery Return Policy.
B. Sealed Lead Acid batteries.
C. Fuel, aerosols, or compressed gas canisters, such as but not limited to:
Our return process has three (3) steps: approval, return shipment, and refund processing.
1. Return Approval: Prior to returning any items, please contact us for approval, a return authorization number (RMA), and detailed instructions.
2. Return Shipment: When packaging the order for return, please be sure all the original packing material and instruction papers, and/or manuals are included.
3. Refund Processing: Refunds will be issued once we receive the item(s), evaluate the return condition, and issue the refund which averages 3 to 5 business days. Seasonal conditions may result in greater than 5 business days to process returns. Credit card issuers may take additional days to apply the funds on their end.
Damage, Loss & Defective Policy Summary: Please refer to details of policies & processes below. All damage claims must provide photo documentation. All defective and/or DOA claims must be validated by us prior to issuing any refunds.
A. Shipping Issues: Loss during the shipping process is covered. Claims should be started within 72 hours.
B. Package not delivered (lost): For package loss prior to delivery, contact us to file a claim with the shipper.
C. Package stolen after delivery: We are not responsible for damage or theft after the package has been delivered.
D. Visible packaging damage: Refuse the shipment if possible. See detailed claim steps below.
E. Damage to the product: Photo documentation required.
F. Dead on Arrival (DOA) Issues: We must troubleshoot and document the issue. Some manufacturers require customers to contact them directly.
G. Defective Issues/Missing Parts: Please contact us first. Some manufacturers require customers to contact them directly.
1. Loss Policy
Due to COVID, signature upon delivery has been waived by most shipping companies. As such, please ensure the delivery location is secure.
A. Our shipping partners have enabled delivery notifications for registered address on shipments from us and other companies. Due to COVID impacts nationwide, we have seen great fluctuations in delivery times, and porch theft is on the rise. Signing up to our shipping partner's tracking programs allows customers to be notified of packages on their way, ask for holds, and submit claims.
- FedEx Delivery Manager ( https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html )
- USPS Informed Delivery ( https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action )
- UPS My Choice ( https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page? )
B. If a package is lost prior to delivery, we will submit a claim with the shipper. If approved, we will refund the customer or send out a replacement. Typically, this process takes 3 to 5 business days, but shipper response times have been lengthened due to COVID.
C. We are not responsible for damage or theft occurring once the package has been delivered.
2. Shipping Damage Policy
If customers are available when the delivery arrives and excessive damage to the packaging is visible, please REFUSE DELIVERY, and start the steps of the Claim Process with the shipper.
If customers were not available at the time of delivery, and find damage upon inspection, please follow the detailed steps in Claim Documentation. Customers should save all paperwork and packing material with the damaged goods. The carrier has the right to inspect it before processing the claim. All claims should be made within 72 hours of delivery.
Please do not return damaged-in-shipment merchandise without approval. Doing so will jeopardize the customer’s claim and may keep them from receiving credit for the return.
We are not responsible for damage or theft occurring once the package has been delivered.
3. Shipping Loss and/or Damage Claim Process
Our claim process has five (5) steps: claim documentation, claim submission, approval, return shipment, and refund processing.
A. Claim documentation – all photos should show damage clearly without blurring, covered parts, or poor lighting.
- Take 360° photos of the damage to the exterior packaging before opening, and at each step of unpacking.
- Take thorough photos of how items and products are positioned in the box before removing packaging materials.
- Take 360° photos as each item is removed.
B. Claim submission: To submit a claim for shipment damage, please email us with:
- The subject: Shipping Damage
- Please include the customer’s name, order number, delivery date, and short summary of damage.
- Attach images up to 25MB in total. Please resize images to fit through email servers.
C. Claim Approval:
- Once a claim is submitted, we contact our shipping partner with the photos and information.
- Due to COVID, shipping partners are much slower on their response times. As such, the shipping vendor dispute process takes longer than normal.
D. Return Shipment: When packaging the order for return, please be sure all the original packing material and instruction papers, and/or manuals are included.
- If approved, the customer will be sent return shipping labels.
Please follow the instructions included with the shipping labels.
- If instructed, please remove the battery from the return.
E. Refund Processing: Refunds will be issued once we receive the item(s), evaluate the return condition, and issue the refund which averages 3 to 5 business days within the Continental U.S. Seasonal conditions may result in greater than 5 business days to process returns. The credit card issuer may take additional days to apply the funds on their end.
- Comella's Collectibles reserves the right to charge a 20% restocking fee on any merchandise returned for credit.
- Shipping charges are not refunded if customers choose to return an item(s).
- Comella's Collectibles reserves the right to suspend or terminate business interactions if customers violate return policies and/or attempt fraudulent returns.
In accordance with the manufacturer’s requests, we may redirect requests or advise customers to call the manufacturer directly.
A. Missing Parts Policy
If the customer receives merchandise that is missing a part, he/she should contact us. We will ensure the missing part(s) are sent from our stock as appropriate. We may ask for photos to ensure we understand which parts are missing.
B. Defective or DOA Merchandise Policy
If a customer receives merchandise they believe is defective or dead on arrival (DOA), please contact us. Many issues are easily resolved with settings or configurations. Many common set-up issues can be resolved by referring to the manufacturer's product pages, searching our blog, or referring to the details of a product’s manual.
We are not responsible for damage or theft occurring once the package has been delivered.
Under no circumstance should batteries ever be returned if found defective or DOA.
C. Defective or DOA Process
To expedite our ability to resolve customers’ issues, please see the following:
1. Take photos to show the defect or DOA if possible.
- Take 360° photos clearly and with good lighting.
2. Go online to send us information about the problem:
- The subject should be: Defective
- In the body of the email please include the customer name, order number, delivery date, and summary of the issue.
- For battery issues, please contact us and include the following:
- The subject should be: Defective battery
- 360° view of the battery and leads including a clear photo of the back of the battery with the warranty & batch codes
- Photo of the battery meter while connected to the battery showing cell meter and voltage reading.
Attach images up to 25MB in total. Please resize images to fit through email servers.
3. Troubleshooting and Diagnosis:
- Once contacted, we will review your information and photos and will work with you on troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Comella's Collectibles is not responsible for failures, usage issues, wear and tear, damage, accidents, or injury stemming from abnormal use, modifications, driver/flyer/operator skill level, weather, and/or terrain.
- Issues stemming from driver/flyer/operator skill such as response time, hitting the wrong button, alteration of settings, improper handling, and improper binding and set-up are specifically excluded from our coverage and warranty claims will be rejected.
- Comella's Collectibles does offer parts and repairs for sale and as purchasable services.
4. Resolution: resolution is decided solely by us in accordance with the warranty and terms for each respective product based on troubleshooting and diagnosis of the issue(s). Due to the breadth of merchandise offered by Comella's Collectibles, there is not a standard warranty and each case is handled uniquely.
If a replacement is necessary, customers are usually required to return the defective item (except batteries) prior to Comella's Collectibles shipping out a replacement item.
Please follow the Returns Process, Return Shipping Instructions, and Compliance Policy.
For defective or DOA returns, always remove the battery from the return. Batteries should never be shipped back to Comella's Collectibles.
If a partial credit or goodwill is issued, customers may receive a refund or points equivalent to the dollar value to use at their discretion for future purchases.